The Audi Q7 e-Tron may not have a physical appearance that everyone loves, but it can claim some world ‘firsts’ because of it’s ground-breaking drivetrain and energy saving technology.
The Q7 e-tron is the first plug-in hybrid vehicles with a diesel engine. It also has Quattro all-wheel drive and an 8 speed triptronic gearbox. The electric motor has 94 kW of power and combined with the 17.3 kWh battery pack, the Q7 eTron should be able to travel 35 miles in pure electric mode.
Audi Q7 e-Tron Specs
The plug-in hybrid Q7 destined for the European market will be powered by a 3.0 liter turbo diesel injected engine. North America is likely to get a 2.0liter 4 cylinder gasoline engine, but Audi says they haven’t made a final decision yet.
- 3.0-litre turbo-diesel V6
- 94 kw electric motor
- 8 speed automatic transmission
- Combined output is 373 PS (275 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) of torque
- Top speed 225 km/h (140 MPH)
- 130 mpg combined fuel consumption
- 55 km (34.8 miles) range on electric only (NEDC)
- 1,400 km (870 miles) in total range
- 0-100 km/h (0-62 MPH) in 6.2 seconds
- 17.3 kWh Lithium ion battery
- CO2 emissions of just 46 g/km
- Four hours and 45 minutes to a full charge from a standard outlet
- Full LED headlamps
- Virtual cockpit with Apple Car Play, Android Auto, and Wi-fi